Thursday, February 21, 2019 from 6 pm – 9.30 pm
International Trade Center/ Ronald Reagan Building Rotunda Room
The Unplugged Series: The Builder Dinner Hosted by Industrial Bank and curated by Think Local First DC. Starting in 2015 with our Developer Dinner Series, these sit down dinners ignite conversations that explore the impact of physical and economic development in Washington, DC. In 2018, this dinner returned as The Builder Dinner, hosted by City first Bank and Lee’s Flower Shop, with a dialogue between local business owners, developers, real estate companies, cultural leaders, artists, and the media. The nights’ storytellers contributed who are shaping the urban fabric of DC, explored the intersections at which they collide to help shape a better DC business landscape.
On Thursday, February 21, 2019, from 6 pm – 930 pm, guests will gather at the Ronald Reagan Rotunda Room to continue the conversation with storytellers who are more practice within the community. The evening will include a 6 pm Reception with Hors-d’oeuvre and an open beer and wine bar; followed by a 7 pm – 9 pm seated-plated dinner with stories from DC businesses, realtors, and developers.
- Sponsors and Partners: Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center and Nest-DC
- Master of Ceremony: Industrial Bank President, B. Doyle Mitchell, Jr.
- Confirmed Speakers: Howard Riker, Managing Director at Hines; Danielle Vogel, Founder of Glen’s; Monica Ray, ED for Congress Heights Community Training and Development Corp and Peter Nesbitt, ED for Washington Project for the Arts
- Sponsors: Pepco Holdings, City First Bank, Truss, Access Green, and New Columbia Star
- Speakers included JBG, Neighborhood Restaurant Group, Turning Natural, Warehouse Industries, DeNada, The Menkiti Group, and Truss.
- Attendees included: RIA Mainstreet, Georgetowner, We Act Radio, Washington Life, District Bridges, Nest-DC, Clean Choice Energy, and Listen Local First DC